There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Absolute insanity

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have some great employees and managers whom I've become great friends with. And the pay isn't bad, but McDonalds pays supervisors more for essentially the same work.

I was promoted in a short period to supervisor, but I think it was out of desperation. I can handle stress, but this is inhumane.

The cons outweigh the pros by a long shot.

Cons

It probably wouldn't be a bad job, or would be okay at another store, but mine is terrible. We're consistently understaffed (especially at night) and what people we do have are new and aren't trained well. This leads to an incredible amount of stress on management because nothing can get done. It's a mess and people aren't going to continue working for it. I'm getting away as soon as I can. I want to say it's worth the money, but the management and scheduling is just terrible.

I have had to say goodbye to any sort of social life as a result of my schedule being all over the place.

My manager is also insane and it's no secret that both employees and vendors are scared of him/her.

Get a clue, I know our internal surveys tell you the problem, so fix it. Also, there's a store in the area with less traffic but tons of management, send them our way. We've been understaffed for a year and they're less than 5mi away, seriously, it can't be that hard to ask them to move over.

174 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Paid Slave Labor

Former Employee - Sales Person in Plains, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Plains, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sheetz offers decent benefits for employees. Also, it is impossible to be bored when working at Sheetz, since there are so many different duties.

Cons

Honestly, I'm baffled by all the positive reviews of Sheetz employment. Working for Sheetz was the worst experience of my life. On my first day of employment, the training program was down, so I was placed directly onto the floor with zero training. I had no clue what I was doing, and the managers and co-workers decided that the best they could do was to stand around and chat while I gained the "experience" of making three or four food orders at one time, when I was not even taught the location of the ketchup.

I was criticized for every little mistake I made, and weeks later, when I was making orders faster than employees that had been working there for several years, I was still told that I was moving too slow.

Despite the terrible management and abysmal employee camaraderie, the worst part about working at Sheetz was the break policy. When working an 8 hour shift, I would only receive a single 20 minute break and no lunch. The remaining 7 hours and 40 minutes were spent constantly running from one counter to the next. There is no way spending that much time on one's feet with a racing heart can be healthy.

Working for Sheetz is detrimental to one's physical and emotional health, and accepting a job at Sheetz will eviscerate one's body and spirit.

Ensure that employees are adequately trained before being placed on the floor. Reinforce the concept that all employees are equal, no matter how long they have been working for you.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like every thing about this company, from benefits to work condition.

Cons

Some you just get really busy.

Team work is essental to success and taking a proactive roll in there position.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz