Sheetz

www.sheetz.com

Facilities

Former Employee - Facilities  in  DuBois, PA
Former Employee - Facilities in DuBois, PA

Pros

My position was generally very self-motivated, though I had specific tasks that I needed to complete each day that I worked. My coworkers were skilled and personable, and I had no problems with any of my managers or coworkers. I felt like the Sheetz corporation did a fine job of treating its employees very well. Pay is excellent.

Cons

My position was a very small one, only three hours a day. Being paid above minimum wage as a high school student offset this considerably. Sheetz customers are often unpleasant people to be around.

Other reviews for Sheetz

Takes Care

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Greenville, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, PA

Pros

Sheetz takes care of it's employees in several ways. Not the least of which is it's flexible and affordable benefits program and life insurance policies all of which are available after just 3 months of employment. Their willingness to work with hours and schedules puts them above the competition in minimum wage employment.

Cons

New employees are only trained on one of three shifts and therefore equipped only for that one position. Employees would be far more flexible and able to cover other shifts in an emergency if they came in trained on all shifts, whose duties and needs vary.

Absolute insanity

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lancaster, PA

Pros

I have some great employees and managers whom I've become great friends with. And the pay isn't bad, but McDonalds pays supervisors more for essentially the same work.

I was promoted in a short period to supervisor, but I think it was out of desperation. I can handle stress, but this is inhumane.

The cons outweigh the pros by a long shot.

Cons

It probably wouldn't be a bad job, or would be okay at another store, but mine is terrible. We're consistently understaffed (especially at night) and what people we do have are new and aren't trained well. This leads to an incredible amount of stress on management because nothing can get done. It's a mess and people aren't going to continue working for it. I'm getting away as soon as I can. I want to say it's worth the money, but the management and scheduling is just terrible.

I have had to say goodbye to any sort of social life as a result of my schedule being all over the place.

My manager is also insane and it's no secret that both employees and vendors are scared of him/her.

Get a clue, I know our internal surveys tell you the problem, so fix it. Also, there's a store in the area with less traffic but tons of management, send them our way. We've been understaffed for a year and they're less than 5mi away, seriously, it can't be that hard to ask them to move over.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz.

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!