Paid Slave Labor

Former Employee - Sales Person  in  Plains, PA
Former Employee - Sales Person in Plains, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sheetz offers decent benefits for employees. Also, it is impossible to be bored when working at Sheetz, since there are so many different duties.

Cons

Honestly, I'm baffled by all the positive reviews of Sheetz employment. Working for Sheetz was the worst experience of my life. On my first day of employment, the training program was down, so I was placed directly onto the floor with zero training. I had no clue what I was doing, and the managers and co-workers decided that the best they could do was to stand around and chat while I gained the "experience" of making three or four food orders at one time, when I was not even taught the location of the ketchup.

I was criticized for every little mistake I made, and weeks later, when I was making orders faster than employees that had been working there for several years, I was still told that I was moving too slow.

Despite the terrible management and abysmal employee camaraderie, the worst part about working at Sheetz was the break policy. When working an 8 hour shift, I would only receive a single 20 minute break and no lunch. The remaining 7 hours and 40 minutes were spent constantly running from one counter to the next. There is no way spending that much time on one's feet with a racing heart can be healthy.

Working for Sheetz is detrimental to one's physical and emotional health, and accepting a job at Sheetz will eviscerate one's body and spirit.

Ensure that employees are adequately trained before being placed on the floor. Reinforce the concept that all employees are equal, no matter how long they have been working for you.