There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Overworked, under appreciated, set up to fail.

Former Employee - Salesperson  in  Pitts, PA
Former Employee - Salesperson in Pitts, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money and benefits are good.

Cons

Not appreciated, often misled or lied to.

Don't play favorites.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Get rid of the bad apples!!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at a number of stores, in a number of locations. I was very fortunate to work with some really nice people along the way. Benefits were great. Pay rate of a salaried manager was good.

Cons

Horrible hours. Worked all holidays (but I knew that going into it). Management above store level will protect their own at any cost. I have watched employees get fired after being railroaded by their managers!

Get rid of the bad apples!! There are store managers out there that make your employees' lives a living hell! I have watched one specific manager ruin people's career and run them out of the store!

A letdown

Current Employee - Salesperson
    Current Employee - Salesperson

I have been working at Sheetz part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're looking for somewhere with room for advancement, it's definitely a good starting out point. Pay is pretty good as well.

Cons

Cliques - Favoritism runs rampant and drags down morale. If you're not part of the "favorites" - you're out of luck. Work/life balance (especially if you're a shift supervisor) is really difficult; don't expect to be able to attend college and maintain good grades if you become a manager. Furthermore, if you don't become a manager, don't expect a whole lot of hours no matter how much you ask. The company would rather understaff stores and have someone get called in 2-3 times a week rather than scheduling enough people.

Examine a little more closely what goes on in stores, I'm sure you won't like what you see.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!