Sheetz

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Not too bad.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kent, OH
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kent, OH

I worked at Sheetz part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, great college student job

Cons

open 24/7, after a while I just became frustrated with the futile-ness of retail type positions as I was getting closer to graduation

207 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Extremely busy

Current Employee - Sales Person in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Person in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good if your a college student or in an assistant manager or GM position. Promote within.

Cons

Starting wage is 8.75 but you work to cover cost of gas for traveling to and from work. Wish the pay was higher for what we do then it wouldn't be so bad. It is a very demanding job and not appreciated for what we do. Not a good starting wage if you have a family to support and cannot move up in position quickly. Not always staffed enough to cover each shift and only 50% off food when working, nothing when your off the clock.

I think that corporate employees who have never worked in the kitchen should work it for a couple weeks. I think then they will understand how you have to be staffed to keep customers happy and take the stress off of the employees. Also would have a better understanding for how things should be set up and for food options that would decrease waiting time. I also think they would understand that living off of 8.75 really isn't ideal. We work very hard at what we do and don't get paid for what we accomplish each day. Sheetz is a good company to advance within if your able to work the long demanding hours, but I wish the pay was better and we had more support.

Not great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

Discount on food which I guess is cool. I honestly can't think of any other positives.

Cons

High turn over rate, poor management. I think other stores probably have a better deal going on, but I was working at an old one that was a mile away from where they had just built and opened a brand new Sheetz. They sent all their best managers there and left the terrible ones for the store I was at.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz