There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Extremely busy

Current Employee - Sales Person  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Person in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good if your a college student or in an assistant manager or GM position. Promote within.

Cons

Starting wage is 8.75 but you work to cover cost of gas for traveling to and from work. Wish the pay was higher for what we do then it wouldn't be so bad. It is a very demanding job and not appreciated for what we do. Not a good starting wage if you have a family to support and cannot move up in position quickly. Not always staffed enough to cover each shift and only 50% off food when working, nothing when your off the clock.

I think that corporate employees who have never worked in the kitchen should work it for a couple weeks. I think then they will understand how you have to be staffed to keep customers happy and take the stress off of the employees. Also would have a better understanding for how things should be set up and for food options that would decrease waiting time. I also think they would understand that living off of 8.75 really isn't ideal. We work very hard at what we do and don't get paid for what we accomplish each day. Sheetz is a good company to advance within if your able to work the long demanding hours, but I wish the pay was better and we had more support.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Not great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

Discount on food which I guess is cool. I honestly can't think of any other positives.

Cons

High turn over rate, poor management. I think other stores probably have a better deal going on, but I was working at an old one that was a mile away from where they had just built and opened a brand new Sheetz. They sent all their best managers there and left the terrible ones for the store I was at.

Great First Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sheetz part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Fast paced environment, good starter job

Cons

Lack of motivated people, heavy work load

Keep your employees motivated and make sure they complete some of their assigned workload.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!