Sheetz
www.sheetz.com Altoona, PA 5000+ Employees

Extremely busy

Sales Person (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood if your a college student or in an assistant manager or GM position. Promote within.

ConsStarting wage is 8.75 but you work to cover cost of gas for traveling to and from work. Wish the pay was higher for what we do then it wouldn't be so bad. It is a very demanding job and not appreciated for what we do. Not a good starting wage if you have a family to support and cannot move up in position quickly. Not always staffed enough to cover each shift and only 50% off food when working, nothing when your off the clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that corporate employees who have never worked in the kitchen should work it for a couple weeks. I think then they will understand how you have to be staffed to keep customers happy and take the stress off of the employees. Also would have a better understanding for how things should be set up and for food options that would decrease waiting time. I also think they would understand that living off of 8.75 really isn't ideal. We work very hard at what we do and don't get paid for what we accomplish each day. Sheetz is a good company to advance within if your able to work the long demanding hours, but I wish the pay was better and we had more support.

Not too bad.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Kent, OH

I worked at Sheetz part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Schedule, great college student job Cons: open 24/7, after a while I just became frustrated with the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great First Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sheetz part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Pay, Fast paced environment, good starter job Cons: Lack of motivated people, heavy work load Advice to Senior Management: Keep your employees motivated and make sure they complete some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sheetz.

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sheetz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sheetz CEO Stan Sheetz. All reviews posted anonymously by Sheetz employees.