There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

SSheets

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Some of the people that you work with are great. Benefits are good if you can get the hours.

Cons

Inside politics are horrible. Pay is low. We are expected to get an amazing amount of work done without the proper amount of employees on the floor.

Pay the employees a living wage. Give us more help on the floor. Stop adding things to the menu and changing procedures.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Extremely busy

Current Employee - Sales Person in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Person in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good if your a college student or in an assistant manager or GM position. Promote within.

Cons

Starting wage is 8.75 but you work to cover cost of gas for traveling to and from work. Wish the pay was higher for what we do then it wouldn't be so bad. It is a very demanding job and not appreciated for what we do. Not a good starting wage if you have a family to support and cannot move up in position quickly. Not always staffed enough to cover each shift and only 50% off food when working, nothing when your off the clock.

I think that corporate employees who have never worked in the kitchen should work it for a couple weeks. I think then they will understand how you have to be staffed to keep customers happy and take the stress off of the employees. Also would have a better understanding for how things should be set up and for food options that would decrease waiting time. I also think they would understand that living off of 8.75 really isn't ideal. We work very hard at what we do and don't get paid for what we accomplish each day. Sheetz is a good company to advance within if your able to work the long demanding hours, but I wish the pay was better and we had more support.

Salesperson

I worked at Sheetz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, good management, good team environment

Cons

You work for what you get paid, pay is high but you are doing lots of work at all times

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz