Sheetz

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

It has changed alot

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duncannon, PA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duncannon, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Always have a job, and stay busy

Cons

They make you live there

207 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Mixed Emotions

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Mostly nice management
    Great Pay
    Corporate really cares about their workers
    New growing company

Cons

The environment is toxic: The customers can be very mean and sometimes so are your coworkers. Shifts are very frustrating for everyone in the store because of the fast pace everyone has to work at; this is fast food after all and customers want to get in and get out. Meanwhile you have to make everything fresh in that timely manner. It's almost impossible to get projects and cleaning done because of the heavy flow of customers. You can't rely on someone else to finish that project either and you almost always have to stay overtime to finish.

I think the big guys are doing a great job. I enjoyed the benefits offered, the chances to get the most of the job, and the little bonuses and Christmas gifts I was sent. I think this company is going far and will hopefully spread from the northeast to across the nation soon.

It's just ok.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very busy place to work, so your shift usually flies by. A lot of the customers are repeat customers, so you get to know a lot of them by name & look forward to seeing them everyday....you, also, know which ones you want to avoid...lol

Cons

Unless you work strictly day shift, the hrs stink. 3p-mid; 4p - 2a; 3a - 11a... Also, they are understaffed on 2nd shift & weekends, mostly. There are usually only 3 people working from 3p-9p & then it's 2 til mid. It's impossible to get anything done except to wait on the customer, which isn't enough because the cooler needs stocked, the garbage needs done, dishes need done....& then you get a bus & then everyone working needs their break...yeah, right! Basically, you busy your butt all night, only for the next shift to come in & complain that you didn't do enough.

If your so worried about customer service & hospitality, give your stores more hours & more people on a shift so that they can at least take a decent break on their 9hr. shift & work on the task list that you think we need cuz clearly we don't have enough to do..maybe we wouldn't need a hospitality class then. It's not fun making drinks, subs, running the fryer, & waiting on the customer when there is only 2 people working

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz