There are newer employer reviews for Shell

The Best in the Business!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

The total package of compensation, respect of my peers, recognition by my management, quality of my staff, and the overall support of my work group makes this better than any other job I've had since entering the workforce over 30 years ago.

Cons

Foreign company ownership is a downside because they have a different set of priorities. More global thinking, where if were allowed to spend the way we see fit, the US protion of our business would be more profitable. Currently, we help support other companies, in other countries, that are struggling to be in business.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your direct reports; we're on the frontlines of our business, and want to be your eyes and ears.

Other Employee Reviews for Shell

Work life balance

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Work life balance. Flexible working schedule, pay, Growth opportunities, Expat opportunities. Nice work schedule for employees with special needs. Work from home is also constantly utilized by everyone.

Cons

Limited long term goals. Highly business oriented without long term planning. Bureaucracy is impeding working efficiency. IT is terrible. IT suppport is rather bureaucratic due to limited use of unlocked PCs. Oil price fluctuates volitily and business follows as well. Big projects can get cancelled with days of notice, transparancy is limited to most employees. Information flow is not optimal. Company reports are difficult to search and people are not encouraged to write reports. R&D budget is 100% dependent on the business side not on the needs of R&D skill developement.

Advice to Management

Implementation is not in sync with vision.

2. Shell Enters the New Age of the Energy Future With Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Great people to work with and a wide varitey of experinces...international opportunities and growth through travel are the main benefits. The opportunioty to learn different approaches in your field is excellent and cannot be underestimated., You meet many different cultures and experiences...travel is fantastic...exposure to different management styles is a good learning experience.

Cons

Yes. Slow to respond to both external and internal forces.

Advice to Management

Spend less time on process and more on action.