Shell

www.shell.us

Great benefits, good job opportunities, but some jobs are still being offshored to low cost areas of the world.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAbsolutely one of the best benefits packages, not just in the energy sector, but overall. By far one of the best 401(k) programs - especially the company contribution after 9 years of service. In addition, still has a traditional pension program.

ConsGlobalization of the company has offshored a lot of the work impacting jobs of employees in "high cost zones (e.g. USA, UK, The Netherlands). The jobs have moved to low cost zones such as Malaysia, India, The Philippines, Brazil, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking decisions based on cost (and the expense and impact it will have on people and the workforce) alone may be great for the short-term, but you need to look at the 2-year, 5-year, 10-year and 20-year horizon. Can't afford to continue to be a reactive company with strong competitors out there such as ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total, etc. that are in a pro-actively leading position.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Shell full-time

Pros: Great work life balance; excellent opportunities for next job. A… Cons: Sometimes management too generalists. Politics. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Better than some, but not good enough

Project Manager (Former Employee) Atyrau (Kazakhstan)

I worked at Shell as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Huge amount of experienced people and information; good remuneration in unpreferred regions. Opportunity to… Cons: A monolith - preach standardisation, but have to adjust everything for different regional Business Unit requirements and JVs; dyed-in-the-wool approach to business - "we always… Advice to Senior Management: Standardise on core elements of business process, but leave room for adjustment in the detail; debottleneck your processes - tiers of process and interwoven procedures,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shell.

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!