Shell

www.shell.us
  www.shell.us
There are newer employer reviews for Shell

Dream company to work for!

Current Employee - Petrophysicist in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Petrophysicist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Shell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to focus on individual needs on a case by case basis despite being such a large organization makes shell the ideal company to work for.

Cons

Company varies region by region, and some regions are better to work for than others! However no shortage of talent.

Doing a great job, keep it up!

326 Other Employee Reviews for Shell (View Most Recent)

Challenging and rewarding

Former Employee - Energy Trading Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Energy Trading Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

IT projects generally have generous budgets so contract/consulting can be financially lucrative. The corporate culture is friendly, laid back, and generally accomodating for personal time needs.

Cons

The corporate culture is very protective of its poorly-productive employees and will jump through hoops to keep them working even if it means the employee is damaging to the goals of the project. The company often uses consulting agencies to direct and manage a portion of a large IT project, but these agencies do not have adequate oversight by the company managers. Therefore, the agencies can be rather wasteful with their inefficiencies and billing rates while the company managers seem to look the other way. The agencies know they can be inefficient and still get paid so there is inadequate incentive to do good work.

Need to be more critical of the work performed by contract staff provided by consulting agancies. The resumes should be reviewed so the agencies do not bring in green and inexperienced workers who provided falsified CV/resumes. There are too many people working on IT projects that fail to have proper work experience, but the company staff puts too much emphasis on the contract rate, ie: a lower rate must be better. Without validating their experience history, it reinforces that people should lie and cheat on their resumes to get offered a position.

I had 30 years working as an Analyst/Administrative Assistant at Shell.

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You continue to learn about the business, the employees, management are great people to work with. During the 30 years I have work in a lot of department and all where great areas.

Cons

I could not fine any cons. I am a people person and I believe in helping when asked or if I see that help is needed,

Connect with your team. Get to know them, everyone is different.

There are newer employer reviews for Shell