There are newer employer reviews for Shell

Dream company to work for!

Current Employee - Petrophysicist in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Petrophysicist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Shell full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to focus on individual needs on a case by case basis despite being such a large organization makes shell the ideal company to work for.

Cons

Company varies region by region, and some regions are better to work for than others! However no shortage of talent.

Doing a great job, keep it up!

reviews filtered by

Great Until Terrible

Former Intern - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Besides the terrible recruitment sector of the US, the company has great people who are willing to help you at any time. Everyone cares about your success and will help you reach your goals except the recruitment sector.

Cons

Passed the interview process and interned for the company for two summers. Their new process as of summer 2013 was to make the e-tray 1/3 of the intern assessment process. No matter how good your scores are in the other areas, the e-tray will overpower everything. Only speed readers will be successful on the e-tray. You could be a technical genius and recruitment will turn you down if you don't pass their test. They turned away the majority of their interns due to this test. Many existing shell managers have admitted to doing terrible on this test further proving it is a terrible measure of intelligence or in shell terms "capacity". The company has no loyalty to its interns and will turn down anyone based on this irrelevant test regardless of amount of time served.

High upper management knows that recruitment has made some very poor decisions and should work harder to correct recruitment's mistakes.

I had 30 years working as an Analyst/Administrative Assistant at Shell.

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You continue to learn about the business, the employees, management are great people to work with. During the 30 years I have work in a lot of department and all where great areas.

Cons

I could not fine any cons. I am a people person and I believe in helping when asked or if I see that help is needed,

Connect with your team. Get to know them, everyone is different.

There are newer employer reviews for Shell