There are newer employer reviews for Shell

Great Until Terrible

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Besides the terrible recruitment sector of the US, the company has great people who are willing to help you at any time. Everyone cares about your success and will help you reach your goals except the recruitment sector.

Cons

Passed the interview process and interned for the company for two summers. Their new process as of summer 2013 was to make the e-tray 1/3 of the intern assessment process. No matter how good your scores are in the other areas, the e-tray will overpower everything. Only speed readers will be successful on the e-tray. You could be a technical genius and recruitment will turn you down if you don't pass their test. They turned away the majority of their interns due to this test. Many existing shell managers have admitted to doing terrible on this test further proving it is a terrible measure of intelligence or in shell terms "capacity". The company has no loyalty to its interns and will turn down anyone based on this irrelevant test regardless of amount of time served.

High upper management knows that recruitment has made some very poor decisions and should work harder to correct recruitment's mistakes.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Shell (View Most Recent)

Dream company to work for!

Current Employee - Petrophysicist  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Petrophysicist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Shell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to focus on individual needs on a case by case basis despite being such a large organization makes shell the ideal company to work for.

Cons

Company varies region by region, and some regions are better to work for than others! However no shortage of talent.

Doing a great job, keep it up!

I had 30 years working as an Analyst/Administrative Assistant at Shell.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You continue to learn about the business, the employees, management are great people to work with. During the 30 years I have work in a lot of department and all where great areas.

Cons

I could not fine any cons. I am a people person and I believe in helping when asked or if I see that help is needed,

Connect with your team. Get to know them, everyone is different.

There are newer employer reviews for Shell

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!