Shell

www.shell.us

Great Until Terrible

Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBesides the terrible recruitment sector of the US, the company has great people who are willing to help you at any time. Everyone cares about your success and will help you reach your goals except the recruitment sector.

ConsPassed the interview process and interned for the company for two summers. Their new process as of summer 2013 was to make the e-tray 1/3 of the intern assessment process. No matter how good your scores are in the other areas, the e-tray will overpower everything. Only speed readers will be successful on the e-tray. You could be a technical genius and recruitment will turn you down if you don't pass their test. They turned away the majority of their interns due to this test. Many existing shell managers have admitted to doing terrible on this test further proving it is a terrible measure of intelligence or in shell terms "capacity". The company has no loyalty to its interns and will turn down anyone based on this irrelevant test regardless of amount of time served.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh upper management knows that recruitment has made some very poor decisions and should work harder to correct recruitment's mistakes.

Great company, great people, great benefits!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Shell full-time for less than a year

Pros: Top notch benefits with incredible work-life balance. All staff members are… Cons: Like any large company, there are many links to the chain - have to know… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dream company to work for!

Petrophysicist (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Shell full-time for less than a year

Pros: Ability to focus on individual needs on a case by case basis despite… Cons: Company varies region by region, and some regions are better… Advice to Senior Management: Doing a great job, keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Shell.

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!