OK

I have been working at Shell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary, 9/80 schedule, investment on people and technology, benefits, life balance, opportunities to work internationally, highly skilled professionals, upper management is ok

Cons

Organization is still quite complex. Additional changes are required to truly simplify the company and make it more competitive.

Advice to Management

Do not hesitate to make the changes that will be good for the company and most importantly stake holders

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One of the best experiences of my life.

I have been working at Shell

Pros

The best things at shell are the work/life balance, loyalty, exciting new projects and they really care about their employees.

Cons

The only one I can think of is the pace at which decisions are made sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and focus on cost savings

2. Excellent culture

I worked at Shell full-time

Pros

High sense support and promotion of professional growth. This company has it figured out when it comes to making all team members feel valued

Cons

They need to be more open to newer technology. The old guard must get with the times and tech or they will lag in overall productivity. Every shut-in is avoidable in one form or another and there are so many tools at their disposal.

Advice to Management

It's well known that most technology developers want a piece of the oilfield action. As a professional that spent a lot of time on 9 Deep water TLP's and several shelf rigs, I implore the management of SHELL EP Americas to please utilize all available technology to maximize all of your Safety and Profitability goals. However, I did see a large knowledge gap between upper (shore side) management and offshore management. I would like to see more high level tech training for offshore personnel. Other than that, keep up the great work!