Shell

Working at Shell Oil Company

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell

Pros

Good pay and beneifts and I would have stayed longer if they were not moving the positions to India. Was allowed to work on challenging assignments.

Cons

Moving finance function overseas, so there was no room for advancement within the company only the realization that our jobs would end sometime in the near future.

No comment

363 Other Employee Reviews for Shell (View Most Recent)

Shell Oil

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shell

Pros

The people at Shell are generally very top notch, smart and friendly. This makes the working environment very nice and comfortable.

Cons

Career opportunities are getting more limited with little to none developmental programs in place.

Mgmt often lacks decision making prowess, ie quick, decisive actions based on available information. There is always too much fear of being wrong versus ability to accept mistakes.

Shell Oil Review

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, bonus, education reimbursement, opportunities to work across divisions

Cons

Too hung up on estimated potential of staff for promotion/hiring decisions, lack of consistent evaluation method for performance reviews, poor people skills of most manager/sr managers,

Stop getting hung up on performance factors and current estimated potential factors used to select potential candidates. Instead base on actual achievements. Stop trying to be like Exxon!

There are newer employer reviews for Shell