Shepherd Center
www.shepherd.org Atlanta, GA 500 to 999 Employees

Overall, it's been a good place to work.

Atlanta, GA

ProsSalaries are decent. Upper management is very approachable, even the CEO. I have been treated fairly. Advancement opportunities are fair.

ConsNot fond of the insurance (medical coverage). It seems slanted toward the younger employees. The average nurse is in his or her 40's. They need to re-evaluate the coverage. The dental coverage has been really good this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain approachable and stay transparent. That is your strength and niche in the marketplace of Atlanta. It has been overall a great place to work.

Previous employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shepherd Center full-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent place for patients. Staff sometimes went out of their way… Cons: External customers were sometimes treated way better than internal customers (employees). Some managers are very vindictive and some male charge nurses got away with alot… Advice to Senior Management: Senior level managers need to be on the floors more often to see whats really going on. Do surprise visits at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent atmosphere, accessible senior management

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Individuals are able to contribute and make a real difference, the culture is not so "corporate"..… Cons: Marginal employees are not effectively managed, and are not held… Advice to Senior Management: Clean out the dead wood. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Shepherd Center.

Worked for Shepherd Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shepherd Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shepherd Center CEO Gary Ulicny. All reviews posted anonymously by Shepherd Center employees.