Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Great company, minus some ideas senior management has

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Bemidji, MN

ProsMy time i have spent with the company has been great, both my manager and assistant manager are awesome, close knit feeling at the store. I am getting paid quiet well for a part time position in the town, my managers are great about feed back both positive and negative but they don't come down hard on a person the just make sure you know what happened and how you should do it next time or fix it. plenty of room for advancement, and the stores are generally a lot of fun to work in.

ConsI can't understand some policies that senior management has in place, we are a high quality paint store do we really need to be open on the day after thanksgiving and Christmas REALLY!!!!? who is going to come buy paint in the middle of winter in northern Minnesota the day after Christmas or thanksgiving.

Advice to Senior Managementi can understand wanting to compete with bigger stores, but do you really have to tick off a ton of your workers by having us work these stupid days, during which a store might and i do mean might make $100 dollars in sales, how does that make any sense?

Overall it was a rewarding experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros: Great work atmosphere. Family like feel, makes work enjoyable. Cons: There seems to be some disconnect between hourly and salary… Advice to Senior Management: Get more employee involvement. In the past hourly employees said… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not very impressive

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros: Good benefits, great job stability, good workout if your store… Cons: Hours cut, sales call goals not dependent on quality but quantity, frequent price increases. Too focused on share holders and not employees and customer service,… Advice to Senior Management: Work in a store for a week and deal with customers who WON'T pay.$60 for duration. And try getting sales calls, cycle counts, and massive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.