There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Rewarding, I felt very much a family at Sherwin Williams, respected and felt my contributions were acknowledged

Former Employee - WalMart Sales Representative in Joliet, IL
Former Employee - WalMart Sales Representative in Joliet, IL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Flexibility of hours and scheduling. Direct manager always available and willing to help. very family type atmosphere, uppermanagement on the most part respective of lower employees. Well compensated, benefits second to none. Able to build and work territory as you see fit, not forced to go by script

Cons

Hard to return once you've been laid off

Advice to Management

Find ways to rehire some of the dedicated employees that were let go due to loss of major account

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great co. to work for, worked with the best.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

I worked with people most of which became friends, management would respond in a positive way to any issues. They would come up with a new approach.

Cons

The reports that they wanted from you, got to be to much. they needed to do a better job of time spent on reports as compared to be out selling.

Advice to Management

The amount time spent on paper work, was quite frankly too much. But looking at it from the other side I still loved what I did, working for the company.

Treated more like a regular part-time employee than an aspiring intern.

Former Employee - Sales/Management Intern in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Sales/Management Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

The people who work at Sherwin-Williams are the most knowledgeable in the industry and love what they do. If you are passionate about this industry, it's the right place to be.

Cons

The employees are not compensated fairly according to their tenure and experience. I made the same as an intern as a guy who had worked there for 5 years and knew everything there was to know.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with the respect they deserve. Many employees put their all into this company but are not given the same in return.