There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good but very frustrating

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

The pay is good I don't have a college degree . Can take time off whenever I want to. Something different everyday. Great insurance. Pretty hard to get fired. Great bonus plan(If you can make it)

Cons

Advancement is very hard unless you are a chosen one. They don't have clearly
 defined ways to get promoted. Some people get promoted to dm i just 6 years while others it takes 20. Seem to be on a diveresty kick. Which is fine but they bend the rules for some. They know who is going to get a certain openings before it opens. Inteviews are a joke. They don't even interview half of them . I was told one time when I needed an assistant you are getting this person. Call everyone and tell them its been filled. They treat you like a number if you don't hit budget you get a 4 on your appraisal. Doesn't matter what else you do. It's what are your sales and profit. They do all these sales qualifing but never take anyone off the list. Every 2 years you get a new boss and they change everything. And price increases wow we had 3 last year and will have 3 this year. They try to tell us people will buy from us because we are experts. Really? All they care about are share holders. They need to get ideas from the field on sales and what to sale. Not from some yahoo in Cleveland.
We now sell hammers,drillls and SHAMWOW! lol. There are higher up's who expect you to do things they didn't like hit sales budget 2 years in a row.

Hope you like working holidays. Only closed on Thanksgiving,Easter,Christmas and New Years day
oh and keep your store spotless. And get NO paint on your clothes.

Ever heard of the show under cover boss. You could learn somethings if you worked in a store. Try to sell 65.00 paint to a home owner. Work on Christmas eve like we do. years ago we were closed on most holidays. Now we are open on 4th of July. I really think you are clueless to real workings of your company. That's why you took down the company blog. You found out there were unhappy employees.

826 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Hard work but fair

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Benefit package is very good. Stable company. Hard to get fired. Has a good name and reputation. Insurance seems to be as good as anyones.

Cons

Company seems to be heading toward a leaner and tougher attitude to compete. Longer hours, less employees makes it tough.

Offer to spend time with employees for a few days to better understand the short staff to maintain good customer service.

Not bad, but you better be an A+ multi-tasker

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Gilroy, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Not bad for pay as a new ASM
    Great atmosphere in store as a rule. Management deals fairly with subordinates.
    ASM's usually have AWESOME schedules, IF the store has all the keyholders, managers and associates required. NO NIGHT SHIFTS!!! I was usually on the road home by 6:15pm.
    Decent training program.
    Ability to truly run your own store as you see fit. They embrace employee innovation to the fullest (usually).

Cons

Stress like never before! Expect to deal with 3-4 customers' orders at once, all of them on tight deadlines
    Extreme level of competency required on all product lines. You need to learn to become a walking encyclopedia on the products and uses.

Need to ensure that the MTP's actually get the training they're supposed to get. I walked into my assigned store feeling totally unprepared.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams