Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Roller coaster ride. Has it's ups and downs

Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

-With a college degree you can move up. The idea of being a DM or DSM is entirely possible.
-Selling to painter's who I personally get along with very well.
-Benefits package and 401K are two good reason to work for SW
-Some lower level employees will usually become good friends

Cons

-Not moving up with out a degree. Maybe to assistant manager....maybe
-Many people find it difficult to sell "paint". Paint is not a glamorous product. It has a lot of complaint and problems associated with it, and the prices keep going up.
-I have been here 4 years and the communication and tension between upper management and store employees/sales reps is only getting worse.
-Stay too long and you will turn into a "Sherwin Robot", (which some people are fine with)

I think we need to find out what is important to keep this company successful. I feel like we dump money into pointless efforts. It will be harder to retain new employees for long periods of time if they see their SW elders so fed up with the job. I am new, awarded top gun, walked the stage, made bonus money, etc.. All that really doesn't matter. The younger generations are going to work jobs they want to, not because we have to. No extra vacation for the first five years is ludicrous, not to mention the even longer gap we must wait for not much later in our career. Get rid of the Amex and BlackBerry. Get VISA and iPads. Talk to your employees and see what will actually help them.

859 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Difficult job, your earn your pay in every way, but rewarding helping people get the right product.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

The pay is good, and you get as many hours as you want.

Cons

Long grueling shifts, and the times vary a lot. There is no set schedule and without a degree forget about thinking of moving up.

Put in place more training the employee turnover rate is too high. Place more importance on keeping employee moral up, like better raises. Lastly, put less emphasis on just having college degrees for assistant managers, and put more emphasis on product knowledge your contractors appreciate it more when an employee has more knowledge.

They painted a pretty picture

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Excellent pay out of college, benefits, meeting great people

Cons

MTP program creates resentment, mgmt is insulting, women are not treated equal.

Get in the stores and see what really goes on. Don't "plan" visits.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams