There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Roller coaster ride. Has it's ups and downs

Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-With a college degree you can move up. The idea of being a DM or DSM is entirely possible. -Selling to painter's who I personally get along with very well. -Benefits package and 401K are two good reason to work for SW -Some lower level employees will usually become good friends

Cons

-Not moving up with out a degree. Maybe to assistant manager....maybe -Many people find it difficult to sell "paint". Paint is not a glamorous product. It has a lot of complaint and problems associated with it, and the prices keep going up. -I have been here 4 years and the communication and tension between upper management and store employees/sales reps is only getting worse. -Stay too long and you will turn into a "Sherwin Robot", (which some people are fine with)

Advice to Management

I think we need to find out what is important to keep this company successful. I feel like we dump money into pointless efforts. It will be harder to retain new employees for long periods of time if they see their SW elders so fed up with the job. I am new, awarded top gun, walked the stage, made bonus money, etc.. All that really doesn't matter. The younger generations are going to work jobs they want to, not because we have to. No extra vacation for the first five years is ludicrous, not to mention the even longer gap we must wait for not much later in our career. Get rid of the Amex and BlackBerry. Get VISA and iPads. Talk to your employees and see what will actually help them.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. just ok.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

currently employed; given raise every year

Cons

salary compensation inaccurate for job

2. Tough Work for little pay, but overall good company to be a part of

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great benefits package. Well known products.

Cons

Ever changing objectives and initiatives. Micromanagement.