There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

love the company, has provided a great life for my family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral South, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral South, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

The people,people,people. History of a great culture and commitment to employees

Cons

It's not a desk job and will demand hard work. Rewarded well for results and success achieved in the job

Advice to Management

Keep the emphasis ntraining and rewarding those who work hard. Great company to work for. Positive feedback is always a plus!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Used to be GREAT

Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Miami, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

401k, benefits, company car, people you work with

Cons

Program after program to keep up with, making liars and cheaters out of good employees just to keep up with the next program. Methods based reviews. Sales and customer service are not 1st priority of management. People buy from people is an urban legend.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness. Way too many programs, let the good employees do their job. So much fat in middle management needs to be reduced. 1percent raises are unacceptable. Our stock price is thru the roof, reward the people who make that happen. Morale is so low!!! There are so many hard working people that are miserable and do not want to come to work. Stop micro managing.

Not a good experience at all

Former Employee - Third Key in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Third Key in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck every week. Ok benefits

Cons

They only promote college graduates. It's not what or how much you know it's who you know. Hard work a dedication means nothing. The way people are treated and talked down to is very unprofessional. I just hope I can stop someone from wasting as much time as I did 8 years to be exact.

Advice to Management

College helps but it's not everything. The company has several loyal and dedicated workers over looked way to often. My suggestion would be watch undercover boss. Talk to the guys everyday that are the first there and last to leave that never get a chance. The MTP program needs to seriously be looked at.