There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

love the company, has provided a great life for my family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral South, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral South, FL

Pros

The people,people,people. History of a great culture and commitment to employees

Cons

It's not a desk job and will demand hard work. Rewarded well for results and success achieved in the job

Advice to Management

Keep the emphasis ntraining and rewarding those who work hard. Great company to work for. Positive feedback is always a plus!

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Used to be GREAT

Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Miami, FL

Pros

401k, benefits, company car, people you work with

Cons

Program after program to keep up with, making liars and cheaters out of good employees just to keep up with the next program. Methods based reviews. Sales and customer service are not 1st priority of management. People buy from people is an urban legend.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness. Way too many programs, let the good employees do their job. So much fat in middle management needs to be reduced. 1percent raises are unacceptable. Our stock price is thru the roof, reward the people who make that happen. Morale is so low!!! There are so many hard working people that are miserable and do not want to come to work. Stop micro managing.

Roller coaster ride. Has it's ups and downs

Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Residential Repaint Representative in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-With a college degree you can move up. The idea of being a DM or DSM is entirely possible. -Selling to painter's who I personally get along with very well. -Benefits package and 401K are two good reason to work for SW -Some lower level employees will usually become good friends

Cons

-Not moving up with out a degree. Maybe to assistant manager....maybe -Many people find it difficult to sell "paint". Paint is not a glamorous product. It has a lot of complaint and problems associated with it, and the prices keep going up. -I have been here 4 years and the communication and tension between upper management and store employees/sales reps is only getting worse. -Stay too long and you will turn into a "Sherwin Robot", (which some people are fine with)

Advice to Management

I think we need to find out what is important to keep this company successful. I feel like we dump money into pointless efforts. It will be harder to retain new employees for long periods of time if they see their SW elders so fed up with the job. I am new, awarded top gun, walked the stage, made bonus money, etc.. All that really doesn't matter. The younger generations are going to work jobs they want to, not because we have to. No extra vacation for the first five years is ludicrous, not to mention the even longer gap we must wait for not much later in our career. Get rid of the Amex and BlackBerry. Get VISA and iPads. Talk to your employees and see what will actually help them.