Glad to be a valued member in the work place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Delaware, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Great benefits and job security. Being able to interact and assist customers on making home improvement decisions on a daily basis.

Cons

On your feet constantly and depending on the size of the store, you may have a shortened break period for lunch because of the amount of employees in the store at one time.

Great job SW! Glad to be a valued employee and look to further my career opportunities with Sherwin Williams in the future!

Other Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Embarrassing

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Good, hard working employees. Great benefits.

Cons

I work at Sherwin-Williams. There was a time where--though I may not have enjoyed my job--I could at least say I was proud to work at S-W. No longer. My district is a joke. I have to do what they call "Seal Island" every week. Oooooo, I'm supposed to feel like I'm a great white shark hunting for seal. No, I feel like a stupid idiot walking around a Home Depot parking lot begging painters for business. What happened to this company? Where's the class? Oh, and let's not forget the days where I'm told to tail a competitor's delivery truck like I'm in some crappy, lame spy movie. It gets really embarrassing, too, when the driver notices I'm following him and we then proceed to have the world's most unexciting and pathetic car chase. This is so ridiculous. I should be in my store, managing my store. You know what else I love? I love trying to sell mid-grade level paint to a DIY for 50 dollars per gallon. When they look at me completely astonished, I'm supposed to say, "Oh, don't worry, we can set you up a preferred account and you'll get 10% off..... 10% off of 50 dollars.... so you'll only have to pay 45 dollars... WHAT A DEAL!!! I love getting stared at like I have horns. I'm so embarrassed by this company now, that when someone at a dinner party asks me where I work, I say: "Oh, I work at Sherwin and Williams. Attorneys at law." They're impressed for a moment, and I quickly say: "Yeah, no big deal, anyways, have you seen the Avengers?"

No advice for managers. Advice to District Managers: Quit running this district like jackasses. Let's keep some dignity.

Not a good experience at all

Former Employee - Third Key  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Third Key in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a paycheck every week. Ok benefits

Cons

They only promote college graduates. It's not what or how much you know it's who you know. Hard work a dedication means nothing. The way people are treated and talked down to is very unprofessional. I just hope I can stop someone from wasting as much time as I did 8 years to be exact.

College helps but it's not everything. The company has several loyal and dedicated workers over looked way to often. My suggestion would be watch undercover boss. Talk to the guys everyday that are the first there and last to leave that never get a chance. The MTP program needs to seriously be looked at.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!