Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com

Life getting harder at the store level

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSherwin Williams has a lot of great employees that you become friends with as well as colleages. A leader in innovation in the industry. Stock price is going up, 401k matched up to 6% for now. Good benefits and pay overall. I also enjoy working with most of the contractors as well.

ConsHours are getting longer for store employees. Since October 2010, the paint stores have extended hours to be open 14 hours more a week with little or no help to cover these hours and the same expectations on managing overtime down to as close to 0 as possible. Also, holiday hours are longer as well for store employees. Not for upper and middle management, or credit offices, or anyone in corporate. They have implemented a new delivery hub system, taking vans from individual stores and putting 3-5 vans at a "hub store". We have no guarantees on when paint can be delivered to a job unless we use our personal vehicles. Worst of all: THE BUDGETS. You can have a great year with huge jobs that you won over a competitor and get lots of pats on the back for a job well done. The next year? They expect that, plus around 17% more. If you don't hit it, you get treated like you suck at your job. Evidence? Almost my entire district got a "4" (needs improvement) on their evalutations. Did Chris Conners and John Morikis get 4's with no pay raise? Not according to the annual statements.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome work in the stores M-F 7-7, Sat 8-6, Sun 10-6 for a month. With 1 ASM and 1 PT employee. Remember no overtime unless previously approved in writing. I think you can figure out my advice from that. More hours with no more pay? "Embrace the change"? Yeah, buddy, I'm embracing it really well.

Over worked and under appreciated

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay. Great benefits. Always learning. Fast paced work environment.… Cons: Lean. I constantly hear the question from customers, "Are you really the ONLY one here?" Management is expected to schedule very sparingly, but in turn,… Advice to Senior Management: CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES AND THEIR CONCERNS. START TO ACT… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Average Place to Work

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sherwin-Williams part-time for more than a year

Pros: If you are in a good store with good quality people it can be a fun place to work. Their is a wide variety… Cons: The work culture was very dependent upon what store you were in. I chose not to enter the Management Training program because the pressure to… Advice to Senior Management: Don't run your stores so lean and don't rely on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!