Time Management is Critical

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for less than a year

Pros

Steady Work. Company hasn't laid off employees, even during the economic down turn. Good experience in learning the operations of managing a business. You get what you put into it. Spanish speaking skills is a big boost for greater potential business. Many resources to improve your knowledge on executing different tasks.

Cons

Cut-Throat business to work in as it is all about price margins with the competition if you want a painter's business. You have many administrative duties that have to be done regardless how busy it can get, if not - you're staying after hours to do so. If a management trainee, you have to go to an assigned store at the end of training (2-3 months) - myself and the previous 2 trainees have been assigned 75 miles away from our home area. You're told it can happen, but you always hope it won't be you.

Train store managers to help new assistant managers to learn their new duties to their newly assigned stores to be manageable. Being told to "figure it out" when you obviously don't have time or energy to learn the hard way is not an efficient or an effective way to lead or build good morale for managing employees.

Other Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Corporate is Tolerable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are good, but are replaceable. Fitness center and cafeteria. Vacation time.

Cons

It is run like the 1940s boys club, very hard if you are a women. There is no work life balance if you are a working mom. The traffic and parking are horrible in Cleveland. I don't think the company has the culture of always doing the right thing for the employees. Promotions are selective.

Consider flex-time or work at home options, especially if we sit in a cubicle all day anyways. Get to the current century with the process of things.

What happened to the Sherwin Williams we all used to know ??

Current Employee - PC Sales Representative  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - PC Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benifits, Great co-workers, Good customers

Cons

Employee moral at all time low since I have been with the company. District Management micro-manages Reps and Managers to death. We spend more time filling out reports for management than servicing our customers. Area Management has unrealistic goals and expectations. Division is no better. If your looking for stress and big brother then your at the right company.

Please let your employees think for themselves. That is what made this company great. Stop treating us like sheep. We do not need to be heared. Motivate not Intimidate. Embrace this change or you will lose your best and brightest. Take a big knitting needle and pop your swell heads.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!