Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Time Management is Critical

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for less than a year

ProsSteady Work. Company hasn't laid off employees, even during the economic down turn. Good experience in learning the operations of managing a business. You get what you put into it. Spanish speaking skills is a big boost for greater potential business. Many resources to improve your knowledge on executing different tasks.

ConsCut-Throat business to work in as it is all about price margins with the competition if you want a painter's business. You have many administrative duties that have to be done regardless how busy it can get, if not - you're staying after hours to do so. If a management trainee, you have to go to an assigned store at the end of training (2-3 months) - myself and the previous 2 trainees have been assigned 75 miles away from our home area. You're told it can happen, but you always hope it won't be you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain store managers to help new assistant managers to learn their new duties to their newly assigned stores to be manageable. Being told to "figure it out" when you obviously don't have time or energy to learn the hard way is not an efficient or an effective way to lead or build good morale for managing employees.

Corporate is Tolerable

Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The pay and benefits are good, but are replaceable. Fitness… Cons: It is run like the 1940s boys club, very hard if you are a women. There is no work life balance if you are a… Advice to Senior Management: Consider flex-time or work at home options, especially if we sit in a… More

Please upgrade your IT.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams part-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly, knowledgable, sales people. Quality products. Cons: The point of purchase terminals are, fittingly, POS. Can't tell you how many screwed… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade your POS system. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.