Sherwin-Williams

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Time Management is Critical

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Steady Work. Company hasn't laid off employees, even during the economic down turn. Good experience in learning the operations of managing a business. You get what you put into it. Spanish speaking skills is a big boost for greater potential business. Many resources to improve your knowledge on executing different tasks.

Cons

Cut-Throat business to work in as it is all about price margins with the competition if you want a painter's business. You have many administrative duties that have to be done regardless how busy it can get, if not - you're staying after hours to do so. If a management trainee, you have to go to an assigned store at the end of training (2-3 months) - myself and the previous 2 trainees have been assigned 75 miles away from our home area. You're told it can happen, but you always hope it won't be you.

Train store managers to help new assistant managers to learn their new duties to their newly assigned stores to be manageable. Being told to "figure it out" when you obviously don't have time or energy to learn the hard way is not an efficient or an effective way to lead or build good morale for managing employees.

879 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Not the great place to work that it once was.

Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some great co-workers.
    Good retirement and benefits.

Cons

Unrealistic goals.
    Micro Management.
    Out of touch upper management.
    Seal Island, which is absurd.

Listen to your people. I did enjoy my employment with this company for the first 10 years. The last 6 have seemed to lack luster. Sadly I would have missed an opportunity in meeting some genuinely great people to work with but, I would likely have chosen another career path.

What happened to the old Sherwin Williams?

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great!
    Co-Workers are great!
    Fun and Active Environment!

Cons

MICRO MANAGEMENT! There is no more freedom like there used to be. Seem to be caring less about employees and moral. Just not what it used to be and that's why I left. Who wants to work until 7pm for no reason servicing jerk contractors who act like their paint is the cure for cancer. Insane! It's like a 500 pound weight has been lifted off my shoulders since leaving. So happy.

Leave the employees alone! Let them do what they do best, as it always has been. I know it won't happen though. I can't imagine what it will be like to work for this company in 10 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams