There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

I have had a wonderful time working for the company.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, IL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far I have developed a new skill set in the paint industry. I've been given a new perspective into the commercial and residential painting market. The company provides great training and the opportunity to move up through their management in training program.

Cons

There are really no cons about this company.

Advice to Management

I am not a member of the management team but those who are in management have done a wonderful job of training their store level employees. They continue to create highly trained and skilled workers who know the products they are selling and the best application techniques.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Every Store Varies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay Teamwork Environment Routine Work - Majority of cases Physical Labor - Personally Biased Great potential for promotions

Cons

Paint harms the body - be careful when dealing with paint Long hours

Advice to Management

Think in Managers and Associates shoes

Time Management is Critical

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady Work. Company hasn't laid off employees, even during the economic down turn. Good experience in learning the operations of managing a business. You get what you put into it. Spanish speaking skills is a big boost for greater potential business. Many resources to improve your knowledge on executing different tasks.

Cons

Cut-Throat business to work in as it is all about price margins with the competition if you want a painter's business. You have many administrative duties that have to be done regardless how busy it can get, if not - you're staying after hours to do so. If a management trainee, you have to go to an assigned store at the end of training (2-3 months) - myself and the previous 2 trainees have been assigned 75 miles away from our home area. You're told it can happen, but you always hope it won't be you.

Advice to Management

Train store managers to help new assistant managers to learn their new duties to their newly assigned stores to be manageable. Being told to "figure it out" when you obviously don't have time or energy to learn the hard way is not an efficient or an effective way to lead or build good morale for managing employees.