Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

i met him and hes a regular stand out guy

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

benefits, people, hours, product, company

Cons

communication weaknesses, great place to work

work through these hard times while maintaining employee moral

885 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Still going strong with SW

Current Employee - PC Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - PC Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

They have always been loyal to me.

Cons

.I may be able to make more somewhere else in sales

Don't micromanage

Great for part-time job but look no further

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Flexibility for college students or someone who needs a second job. Pay for part-time is very competitive. Small store, less employees = great comradery. Doing deliveries gets you out of the store for awhile. Your paint knowledge will expand 10 fold while working here. It is knowledge you can take with you. Employee discount is great; 40% to 50%. 401K was good until the economy took a dump.

Cons

Customers can be demanding. Self-important Contractors treat you badly and think they are the only people on Earth who paint and need deliveries. Contractors should tip more! DIY customers can stress out the best of us. Upper management needs to support subordinate managers much better, especially the ones that actually do their job. Upper management needs to come off their Schaumburg HQ tower and observe the front line more than 1 to 2 times a year. I saw my DM once last year...hmmm...and stop with the favoritism in certain employees who are no more capable than anyone else.

Look more closely at Store Managers. Many take advantage of their salaried position by leaving early almost everyday. Hold the accountable. Think about promoting within a little more. Many excellent part-timers are lost due to the fact they are overlooked as possible full timers and/or Assistant Managers. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to move up an experienced part-time Sales Associate than to hire and train a college graduate who has never dealt with paint in their life? Come to the stores more often and see the progress of your stores, sometimes its good to get to the front lines once in awhile. Get to know your employees better. Promote from within, promote from within, promote from within. Invest some time into forming positive relationships with your subordinates. it seems social skills are not as sharp as the way they look at numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams