There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

good long term career, if you like sales

Current Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

love the people of SW, cant beat it! If you've been working for 5+ yrs, you remember the good/fun times. Great learning experiences. Opportuntiy to grow and use your brains to run your store, with lots of help from corporate.

Cons

too many sales drives, flip-flopping agendas, little to no holidays off. Lots of college grads with entitlement issues entering the company, most never make it past assistant manager.

Advice to Management

Too many topics of immediate action needed, always operating is panic mode. Need to put yourself in the customer's shoes, we can only do so much at the store level to get business. Make the process easier to get business, painters don't have great credit for the majority. Pay us for the 2 person job we do everyday, look at the stock, 1% doesn't cut it...

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for with advancement oppurtunites

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for the company as a sales associate for over a year now, while going to school, the managers were very flexible with my schedule and allowed me to learn and grow more and more each day. I have finally made a decision to stay with the company and hope for many future oppurtunites.

Cons

As a female working for the company, with not alot of muscle strength one downside is all the lifting and carrying you have to do on a daily basis.

2. Great Benefits. Much better pay than you would expect!!!!

Current Employee - Financial Associate in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Associate in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive Pay, Vacation time does not have to be accrued thru the year. Many different paths available for career growth.

Cons

It is possible to begin to feel like you have hit a wall in career advancement. There are several people that can do your job for less money so, sometimes, you find yourself accepting conditions out of fear that you could be easily replaced.

Advice to Management

Adding employees in the stores and corporate offices allows employees to be their most productive.

Women aren't the only minority group that needs to be addressed!