Intern - IT

Former Intern - IT Intern in Cleveland, OH
Former Intern - IT Intern in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It's nice to be able to gain experience utilizing the tools I was exposed to. It is a great resume builder.

Cons

The management was very unkind and VERY into themselves. When you work in any department in Sherwin-Williams you ARE the label on your "SW-White Pages". 90% of people treat you and others according to your job title. SW also brainwashes you into thinking you are with the best company in Northeast Ohio. They tell you this is the best place to work and no other comapny compares. Well, after declining their job offer and accepting another, AND working full-time in previous jobs, it's safe to say they are NOT the best company to work for in NE Ohio.

Advice to Management

........Did you hear that? Didn't think so...you need to LISTEN to what your employees voice to you and stop favoring your friend. I DO NOT care about going to lunch with higher level management. My time is better spent LEARNING not blowing smoke up someones #$%%.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Benefits. Much better pay than you would expect!!!!

Current Employee - Financial Associate in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Associate in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive Pay, Vacation time does not have to be accrued thru the year. Many different paths available for career growth.

Cons

It is possible to begin to feel like you have hit a wall in career advancement. There are several people that can do your job for less money so, sometimes, you find yourself accepting conditions out of fear that you could be easily replaced.

Advice to Management

Adding employees in the stores and corporate offices allows employees to be their most productive. Women aren't the only minority group that needs to be addressed!

2. Great company to work for with advancement oppurtunites

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for the company as a sales associate for over a year now, while going to school, the managers were very flexible with my schedule and allowed me to learn and grow more and more each day. I have finally made a decision to stay with the company and hope for many future oppurtunites.

Cons

As a female working for the company, with not alot of muscle strength one downside is all the lifting and carrying you have to do on a daily basis.