There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good place to work, Low responsibility and upward mobility

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and interesting customers. Everyday is something different and a good team environment.

Cons

Its almost impossible to get fired here even if you are a terrible employee. Very low responsibility, after a while it becomes a pretty boring job. There is also not much room for moving upward unless you get a degree and want to do outside sales.

reviews filtered by

It's a job. If you have a better options take it!

Current Employee - Corporate IT Programmer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate IT Programmer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable, 7.5 hour work days, OK standard benefits (health, 401K)

Cons

Very conservative, stale, bad offices, no opportunities for growth, expensive daily parking, shitty maternity benefits, paradise for beaurocrats

morale low

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good people in this company. Good benefits. Decent income.

Cons

The job has become nearly impossible. Many goals are purposely set at unreachable levels.
    After working 50 plus hours per week for many, many years, always giving my all and providing the best customer service; missing fewer days of work than I have years of service, walking the stage(sales awards) 5 times and having many strong years in between,building customer loyalty at each of seven stores I have run in four states, I just had my work ethic listed as not meeting standards on an appraisal.Not just my work ethic, but every aspect of the job. Oh, and I am 20% up in sales for the year and $24000 over budget in profit. To someone who has worked as hard as I have for all these years there is no greater insult. There is no one in this company who has worked harder than I have
    over a quarter century. SW should be ashamed of itself to treat its "valued" employees like this. (I am not the only one) Retirement is six years away. No idea how I will hang on that long, but I'll give it my best like I always have. It seems the job is now designed to drive people to the point of total burn-out in an effort to maximize productivity. Flawed logic.

I have lost all respect for this company and those I work for. I have the greatest respect for those I work with.
    If ONLY I could try just a little bit harder.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams