Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com

Changing of the Guard at SW

Store Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsSW has historically been a solid stable blue chip company with a long successful history. Was a great place to work for years.

ConsThe Company has new leadership and has recently implemented "new sales methodologies" for obtaining business/accounts. The store managers are now charged with trespassing and "accosting" prospective customers in our competitors (such as Home Depot and Lowes) parking lots.

First, this takes precious time away from mission critical management and sales responsibilities at the SW retail store. As a result of this newly proposed compulsory activity - leadership has also implemented a new quota system for store managers that is completely unrealistic and well just not doable -- EVEN if these practices were not unethical, embarrassing and undoubtedly illegal!

Where is HR? They should be doing their job -- warning and advising leadership against this potentially illegal practice affectionately called "Seal Island" by SW exec leadership. This is a stealth exercise is where the managers of SW retail stores are supposed to go and solicit and steal business from competitors ON THE COMPETITORS' STORE PROPERTY. Hanging out trespassing and soliciting and watching for the cops, employees of the stores and security. Classy sales activity!
Indeed, the former good ole boys at SW have definitely turned into SHARKS.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at SW needs to get a grip!

Lots of physical work, but a rewarding job.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Defiance, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay, above minimum wage. Some stores might have… Cons: Can really be exhausting. It probably depends on the store… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Upper Management out of touch with stores.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits are decent and pay is ok. As long as your sales are up they leave you alone, but if you have one bad month… Cons: District Managers are way out of touch with what goes on within stores. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Review you checks and balances system within upper management. HR is only there for the higher-ups… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!