Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Good company, good experiences to be had

Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

ProsSherwin-Williams is a big company with a lot of opportunity, strong growth and stability. They've been around since the industrial age and will be for quite a while as long as they keep their heads in the game.

I was a co-op student there and I learned a great deal from my mentor and co-workers. They were very flexible and understanding in terms of my school schedule.

This was in the heart of the recession and they saw fit to keep the research groups going strong so they would come out of it even stronger. I got to work with a wide range of innovative products and even travel a bit. I have since moved on of my own accord but I would go back if a suitable opportunity presented itself.

ConsTypical office politics, so watch yourself in the same way you would anywhere else. Big Company corporate culture can be difficult to grapple with. The company is often driven by marketing (at least my group was) leaving employees to contend with a few ill-conceived products and projects. The words "what in the world are they thinking" came to mind a few times when dealing with marketing.

I left because my particular field was mechanical and not chemical, leaving me little room to move up at the time (they have since improved, so I hear). Chemists and Chemical Engineers can go far here, so can the folks with business degrees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on the marketing folks, sometimes they overstep their bounds. With S-W's business being so dependent upon raw materials, petroleum products etc there could be difficulty in the future for such a large company as the world population grows. S-W will face increased competition for supply, markets and intellectual talent.

If you we're not hired by SW

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits Great co-workers in the store Cons: Micro management to the Max Poor upper management Short staffing the stores Long… Advice to Senior Management: Shorten hours No Lead Gen calls No Seal Island More contact with CM… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Winds of Change

Third (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A great company for many years. Good pay, honest… Cons: Now the suits are beginning to micro-manage and destroy morale. Lately they are only promoting from outside... bringing… Advice to Senior Management: Let the store managers run their stores and replace them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.