There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company had an excellent work atmosphere with respect to dress code, work expectations, and deadlines.

Cons

I found nothing wrong while working for the company.

839 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Wonderful people, great company culture and amazing in-company promotions ratio"

Current Employee - Intern in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is an easy position, gives you good experience on the sales floor and is great for a laid back summer. My manager was super nice and took every opportunity to teach me something new.

Cons

Pay is minimal, did not learn as much as friends who were in the corporate setting, such as Target Internships, but still enjoyed the program.

Let interns see what the corporate life is all about, maybe incorporate a 'field day'

Good company, good experiences to be had

Former Employee - Engineering Co-op Student in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-op Student in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sherwin-Williams part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sherwin-Williams is a big company with a lot of opportunity, strong growth and stability. They've been around since the industrial age and will be for quite a while as long as they keep their heads in the game.

I was a co-op student there and I learned a great deal from my mentor and co-workers. They were very flexible and understanding in terms of my school schedule.

This was in the heart of the recession and they saw fit to keep the research groups going strong so they would come out of it even stronger. I got to work with a wide range of innovative products and even travel a bit. I have since moved on of my own accord but I would go back if a suitable opportunity presented itself.

Cons

Typical office politics, so watch yourself in the same way you would anywhere else. Big Company corporate culture can be difficult to grapple with. The company is often driven by marketing (at least my group was) leaving employees to contend with a few ill-conceived products and projects. The words "what in the world are they thinking" came to mind a few times when dealing with marketing.

I left because my particular field was mechanical and not chemical, leaving me little room to move up at the time (they have since improved, so I hear). Chemists and Chemical Engineers can go far here, so can the folks with business degrees.

Keep an eye on the marketing folks, sometimes they overstep their bounds. With S-W's business being so dependent upon raw materials, petroleum products etc there could be difficulty in the future for such a large company as the world population grows. S-W will face increased competition for supply, markets and intellectual talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams