Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Corporate Greed is taking over.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
West Palm Beach, FL

ProsFairly good health benefits and the Stock Purchase Plan (401K) is performing amazingly. Also, the credit union gives low-interest loans and offers low-interest credit cards.

ConsThe new management in the Southeastern area is either completely out of touch with the needs of the employees or they just don't care. We suspect the latter is true, given that nothing has changes since the "secret meeting" with HR from Cleveland a few months ago. The implementation of "Seal Island" now changed to "Sales Call Wednesdays" has brought manager morale to an all-time low. This extremely unethical strategy of "poaching" customers from the parking lots of our competitors along with the forced sales calls that all managers and assistant managers have to make and document have made running the store efficiently nearly impossible. To add insult to injury, any employee who doesn't comply with the plethora of new rules, regulations, and mandated tasks can be written up on the spot and this is being used by management as leverage to intimidate employees through fear of losing their jobs. This is a pitiful work environment that is unhealthy to everyone!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of your behinds. Negative reinforcement works to a point. Eventually if you keep beating the dog, he's gong to bite you. The bigger the dog (the more employees who "unite"), the more damage he's going to inflict.

Upper Management out of touch with stores.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits are decent and pay is ok. As long as your sales are up they leave you alone, but if you have one bad month… Cons: District Managers are way out of touch with what goes on within stores. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Review you checks and balances system within upper management. HR is only there for the higher-ups… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

could be worse

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: decent salary; balance of work/homelife Cons: treated like your title; no real guidance/ leadership; too political Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.