There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good part-time job, not a good full-time career.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

They offer flexible scheduling and you learn a lot about painting supplies. This is most helpful when you own your own house and are trying to get it painted. There is room for advancement in most stores, because of the turnover. The workout you get from hauling around paint is healthy.

Cons

The low pay is the biggest downside. They barely give above minimum wage and you are doing back breaking work most of the time. The amount of service they ask you do for customers is not worth the paycheck you receive.

My advice would be to appreciate your workers more by offering other benefits to staying there. The pay just isn't enough.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not bad, Up to the employee to handle the typical corporate stuff.

Current Employee - Really, It's Never Been Completely Clear (In Store)
    Current Employee - Really, It's Never Been Completely Clear (In Store)

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Good Pay out of school. Relaxed atmosphere. Direct supervisors/coworkers have been great.

Cons

Training falls on you and immediate supervisors (store management) with mixed results. There are no clear standards, just some vague standards. Up/down communication with District Management is limited because they don't allow criticism. They have either been not deciding to promote me for unknown reasons or stringing me along, we'll never know because they don't allow the necessary communication. Basically, they have a system that they follow it. However, sometimes it's necessary to go outside of their comfort zone/system sometimes to solve problems and get ahead. Otherwise, you have a stagnant situation. I came in with a company merger, which meant I had twice the roadblocks. District Management are people that it's going to be up to you to handle, and you have to find a way. These people want to hear all solutions and no problems all of the time no matter what.

Would actually trying to be creative and solve a problem be completely out of the question. Getting ahead of others on how you handle your business issues are how one beats their competitors. Your competition may not be the greatest, but it is there and you guys better get to work to reach your full potential.

2. Good Part Time Job

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Keene, NH
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Keene, NH

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Very Flexible Schedule, and good work environment.

Cons

Payscale, could use better inventory management systems.

Better knowledge of advancement