Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Great Learning Experience. Not for most

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStore employees can be a pleasure to work with. Great benefits and 401K options. Promotions are available but its a very linear ladder.

ConsFor what is expected pay is exceptionally low. Lead generation sales calls make it almost impossible to concentrate on managing your store. Especially the quantity that are required on a weekly basis. That said, most stores are understaffed which compounds the problem. Long hours, difficult clientele, and did i mention pay is not nowhere near what it should be for what is expected. No company parties, nothing at all. Really? How do you keep a team environment when there's no interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. From what I've heard about what it used to be, they've lost track of making their employees feel appreciated and making it a "blue family".

Assistant store manager

MTP Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Destin, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros: pay, health/vision/dental benefits, and the Sherwin Williams culture. Good training on running a small business and great for entry level growth. I started as a… Cons: if you are relocated to a smaller store.. you might not have enough part-time help . you and the manager will do majority of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunities as an MTP, if you don't mind moving around at the drop of a hat.

Market Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good pay, good opportunities if you are willing to move… Cons: Toxic environment, non-intelligent staff, pre-Madonna contractors. I worked in 4 different stores in just one year. All promotional reasons… Advice to Senior Management: Don't try to lock in your best guys to stay in a district they do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.