Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Great company with benefits and good leaders.

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sherwin-Williams is a long established compnay with a great track record for hiring good people. Everyday is different, operating a store is enjoyable, providing above and beyond customer service, full benefits with bonus potential. Overall it is a great company to start at and if you want to stay you can definitely move up. Flexible schedule.

Cons

It takes a while to move up the ranks unless you are a real go getter but even then the chips need to fall in the right places. Sales calls, not quite cold calling, but practically. Working weekends and holidays, despite having a flexible schedule.

Take care of the people who are the face of SW. The management teams in all of the stores across the country. Without them, the company will suffer.

883 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Good Job to Get Through College

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better than average part time pay and generally they were fairly flexible with my school schedule, I also got a company matched 401k and paid vacation time each year. Overall a pretty good job.

Cons

Very small staff in each store makes it difficult to call out sick if you need to as it places a great strain on those who are working. Also for the pay they expect a lot more out of you than most and you only get one raise a year which isn't much. I have worked for four years and I started at $10.50 and I just now got a decent raise to 11.80 because I took on more reasonability and became a key holder. They really work you to the bone when you are on the lower tier.

Empower lower level employees and have friendlier work environments.

Good company to start a career with.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sherwin Willaims teachs you lots of valuable business knowledge. Helps groom you for the real world scenarios that you will face in this tough enviorment we are all in.

Cons

Micro management to the minute! Its not about performance here but more so who can yes the most amount of times in a row and never complain!

Promote on job performance not who is the best yes-sir guy in line.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams