There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good Business Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Deal with a variety of issues that will set you up for success later down the road, especially if you want to be a manager at another organization or in a corporate setting. Was a good segue into another career for me.

Cons

Sometimes, the program (MTP) can be limiting. It's tough if you're in a rural area, as I was, and you want to get to a city location.

798 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities as an MTP, if you don't mind moving around at the drop of a hat.

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good opportunities if you are willing to move quickly.

Cons

Toxic environment, non-intelligent staff, pre-Madonna contractors. I worked in 4 different stores in just one year. All promotional reasons for moving but if you say no to a move, you are blacklisted. This practice continues even for DMs.

Don't try to lock in your best guys to stay in a district they do not want to be in. Promotions outside of the district reflect well on you too.

Assistant store manager

Current Employee - MTP Assistant Manager  in  Destin, FL
    Current Employee - MTP Assistant Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay, health/vision/dental benefits, and the Sherwin Williams culture. Good training on running a small business and great for entry level growth. I started as a Manager Trainee and was placed as an Assistant manager instantly. They promote within the company so you can easily move up the ladder if you are willing to move.

Cons

if you are relocated to a smaller store.. you might not have enough part-time help . you and the manager will do majority of the work.. which can be physically and mentally draining with lots of working over time. Also, with any company.. there are a lot of rules. you must incorporate everyday routines while abiding to polices and procedures. I am a small framed female and it is definitely a physically demanding job. There has been days where i feel so overwhelmed and exhausted.. mixing upward to 100gallons a day. It takes a certain type of person working for this job

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!