Sherwin-Williams

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good Business Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Deal with a variety of issues that will set you up for success later down the road, especially if you want to be a manager at another organization or in a corporate setting. Was a good segue into another career for me.

Cons

Sometimes, the program (MTP) can be limiting. It's tough if you're in a rural area, as I was, and you want to get to a city location.

970 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Great Learning Experience. Not for most

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Store employees can be a pleasure to work with. Great benefits and 401K options. Promotions are available but its a very linear ladder.

Cons

For what is expected pay is exceptionally low. Lead generation sales calls make it almost impossible to concentrate on managing your store. Especially the quantity that are required on a weekly basis. That said, most stores are understaffed which compounds the problem. Long hours, difficult clientele, and did i mention pay is not nowhere near what it should be for what is expected. No company parties, nothing at all. Really? How do you keep a team environment when there's no interaction.

Take care of your employees. From what I've heard about what it used to be, they've lost track of making their employees feel appreciated and making it a "blue family".

Assistant store manager

Current Employee - MTP Assistant Manager in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - MTP Assistant Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than a year)

Pros

pay, health/vision/dental benefits, and the Sherwin Williams culture. Good training on running a small business and great for entry level growth. I started as a Manager Trainee and was placed as an Assistant manager instantly. They promote within the company so you can easily move up the ladder if you are willing to move.

Cons

if you are relocated to a smaller store.. you might not have enough part-time help . you and the manager will do majority of the work.. which can be physically and mentally draining with lots of working over time. Also, with any company.. there are a lot of rules. you must incorporate everyday routines while abiding to polices and procedures. I am a small framed female and it is definitely a physically demanding job. There has been days where i feel so overwhelmed and exhausted.. mixing upward to 100gallons a day. It takes a certain type of person working for this job

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams