Sherwin-Williams

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good Benifits but They Make you Bleed

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great health benefits! Dollar for dollar matching funds to contribute towards a 401K deposit. Credit Union. Various discounts from affiliated companies. Top notch industry and retail training. Fantastic opportunities both career wise and financially if you are a top producer.

Cons

LOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooong hours. 12-14 hour days, no entitlement to breaks or meals.Work weeks can be 6-7 days consistantly. Condescending upper and middle management. Constant threats by middle management to get the store staff to produce more with less. Corporate politics/clicks rule the middle and upper management in this company.

While there are a lot of benefits to working with Sherwin Williams, I do not recommend it as a place to plan on retiring from if you plan on remaining a store manager. When the going is good, its great. When the economy turns, you are made to fear for your job.

863 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Good Job to Get Through College

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better than average part time pay and generally they were fairly flexible with my school schedule, I also got a company matched 401k and paid vacation time each year. Overall a pretty good job.

Cons

Very small staff in each store makes it difficult to call out sick if you need to as it places a great strain on those who are working. Also for the pay they expect a lot more out of you than most and you only get one raise a year which isn't much. I have worked for four years and I started at $10.50 and I just now got a decent raise to 11.80 because I took on more reasonability and became a key holder. They really work you to the bone when you are on the lower tier.

Empower lower level employees and have friendlier work environments.

Good company to start a career with.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sherwin Willaims teachs you lots of valuable business knowledge. Helps groom you for the real world scenarios that you will face in this tough enviorment we are all in.

Cons

Micro management to the minute! Its not about performance here but more so who can yes the most amount of times in a row and never complain!

Promote on job performance not who is the best yes-sir guy in line.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams