Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Great

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time

Pros

Good benefits and a nice second family

Cons

I have a long drive

879 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Have a way of wearing you out. A way of using you up.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is fairly competitive. The stock is performing well, though the profit comes at the price of the sanity of many field personnel.

Cons

This company is full of good people; some great people. Hard working folks who genuinely want to do a good job for the company they work for. People that run like hell trying to cover all the bases in the stores they work in and manage, and instead of being rewarded for doing it, they are flogged for failing to toe the line on one of the 74 different metrics that are constantly in play as a layer over an environment where there's a customer coming in or calling an average of every two and half minutes. It makes me wonder if the tasks we expect of our store and field staff, staffed the way we characteristically do (short by our own design and admission) are grounded in reality at all. It seems more likely they are just meant to give something to whip us about.

I wish it mattered now. The advice offered in these boxes might get heeded ten years from now if the new idea adoption curve runs on time.

Well known company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good training when starting out. They make you feel very important.

Cons

Long hours, open on weekends with little to no staff. Unrealistic goals and budgets are unattainable. Bad review if you do not reach budgets.

High budgets that are not reachable. You are just a number, no loyality to employees. Bad reviews if you do not reach sale budget and profit budget you get a bad review. 3 bad reviews in a row and they can demote you or make another unreasonable job offer no normal person will take.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams