Have a way of wearing you out. A way of using you up.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The salary is fairly competitive. The stock is performing well, though the profit comes at the price of the sanity of many field personnel.

Cons

This company is full of good people; some great people. Hard working folks who genuinely want to do a good job for the company they work for. People that run like hell trying to cover all the bases in the stores they work in and manage, and instead of being rewarded for doing it, they are flogged for failing to toe the line on one of the 74 different metrics that are constantly in play as a layer over an environment where there's a customer coming in or calling an average of every two and half minutes. It makes me wonder if the tasks we expect of our store and field staff, staffed the way we characteristically do (short by our own design and admission) are grounded in reality at all. It seems more likely they are just meant to give something to whip us about.

I wish it mattered now. The advice offered in these boxes might get heeded ten years from now if the new idea adoption curve runs on time.

Other Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Well known company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good training when starting out. They make you feel very important.

Cons

Long hours, open on weekends with little to no staff. Unrealistic goals and budgets are unattainable. Bad review if you do not reach budgets.

High budgets that are not reachable. You are just a number, no loyality to employees. Bad reviews if you do not reach sale budget and profit budget you get a bad review. 3 bad reviews in a row and they can demote you or make another unreasonable job offer no normal person will take.

Color

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's always nice to help people pick out colors for new homes inside and out.

Cons

micro managment, they have unrealistic expectations of what can be done when you are forced to work alone all the time. Morals of upper management about passing the buck is awful.

They need to spend some time on the weekends to give advice and help to customers and employees. Since the Obama care a maximum of 25 hours per week is all you can get. raises are a joke. After 10+ years i barely make more than the new guy off the street.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!