There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good place to work but watch out for bureaucracy

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company takes time to make sure that all employees are up to date on the latest and greatest product offerings. Furthermore their training (although boring and tedious) is helpful when you are trying to help a homeowner. This is a service job so you will be dealing with customers but in general Sherwin seems to promote the right people to run the stores.

Cons

This is a large corporation and you will fill out paperwork... a lot of paperwork for everything you do. Furthermore, even at the lowest level you are expected to be able to juggle tasks that may far outweigh your pay grade (e.g. large orders for industrial coatings and the like)

Streamline your process for record keeping, I understand that we need to document everything but please give us better tools to do it.

794 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Over worked and understaffed in the stores.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

401k medical paid vacation opportunity to move up if you work hard and have a college degree.

Cons

Overworked
    Managers work 48 hours as a minimum
    Understaffed
    Fight with hub dispatch to get simple orders delieved
    Fight with credit about why charge accounts are locked out
    Fight with DM about why you aren't spending 2 hours looking for painters in home depots parking lot
    Fight with rude obnoxious painters about things that are usually their fault ie peeling paint isn't the paints fault you put latex over oil! I'm not paging you to fix it.
    Doing 50 stupid pointless sales calls every week because your sales force stinks.

As the economy improves brace yourselves for a mass exit.

Great place to start working with little experience.

Current Employee - Third Key  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Third Key in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time for less than a year

Pros

You are properly taught things about the products you are selling. You have to pass a series of ~ 24 tests before you are considered trained, but even then you learn every day. Great customer clientele, very willing to work with your schedule, very understanding. I can see myself stay with the company at least throughout college. Oh, and starting pay is well above minimum per hour for a part timer. So, not bad for being really young with no experience really per say.
    Oh, and 40% off isn't bad either.

Cons

very heavy lifting at times. There are a fair amount of meeting you have to go to wherever you district headquarters are, which can be inconvenient, for me it's an hour away.

Better store to store communication. And better shipping, if we ordered something that we were told would be sent, please actually send it.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!