Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good place to work but watch out for bureaucracy

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company takes time to make sure that all employees are up to date on the latest and greatest product offerings. Furthermore their training (although boring and tedious) is helpful when you are trying to help a homeowner. This is a service job so you will be dealing with customers but in general Sherwin seems to promote the right people to run the stores.

Cons

This is a large corporation and you will fill out paperwork... a lot of paperwork for everything you do. Furthermore, even at the lowest level you are expected to be able to juggle tasks that may far outweigh your pay grade (e.g. large orders for industrial coatings and the like)

Streamline your process for record keeping, I understand that we need to document everything but please give us better tools to do it.

885 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Previously a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The 401k plan is a great opportunity to create personal wealth. If you are fortunate to make bonuses by exceeding budget it is still possible to make a lot of money.

Cons

New management from the district level and up during the last five years have lost touch with the field. Too many programs and contests which are developed by marketing guys in Cleveland which really don't help our business. Negative work environment, very hard to be promoted anymore unless you have a degree and it helps if you are female regardless of performance. Many District, City and Sales Managers nothing but soldiers put in place by Vice Presidents who are more concerned about themselves rather than the longevity of the organization. Upper level Management are nothing but sales people, not great managers many of them micromanagers who have gotten rich off of the stock price. Really sad to see whats happened to the company recently.

Stop running this company like a pyramid scheme, we need to focus on our professional customers and the products they want not high end expensive products. Shame on you management, you should recognize how poor morale is at the store and rep level. You should be disappointed in yourselves and the selfish decsions you have made recently to cause the disconnect between the field and upper management.

Company is changing.... for the worse

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good 401k
    Decent benefits
    Good bonus program for management.

Cons

Woefully understaffed- Store often has one employee on staff for over half the day store is open.
    Lead generation- 50 plus calls a week to prospective customers is a joke. No realistic time to get this done.
    District Management- My store was up 30 percent in sales for the year and yet all we got were emails from our DM about what we were doing wrong. District Manager and City Managers have become arrogant, self important crybabies. They preach team work and yet they don't want to get their hands dirty and help out.
    Promoting the wrong people- I have watched, myself included, good men being passed over for upper management jobs so company can fulfill quotas and hire women and minorities. I have absolutely nothing against women and minorities being promoted as long as they put in hard work and deserve it, but many of them do not.
    Sunday hours are pointless!!! Open way too long on Sundays. Makes it impossible to staff store for the rest of the week.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! The economy is getting better and you are going to lose good experienced people because you want to make your employees think that everyone is beating down the door to work at Sherwin Williams. NOT TRUE!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams