Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com

Good place to work but watch out for bureaucracy

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate

Pros

The company takes time to make sure that all employees are up to date on the latest and greatest product offerings. Furthermore their training (although boring and tedious) is helpful when you are trying to help a homeowner. This is a service job so you will be dealing with customers but in general Sherwin seems to promote the right people to run the stores.

Cons

This is a large corporation and you will fill out paperwork... a lot of paperwork for everything you do. Furthermore, even at the lowest level you are expected to be able to juggle tasks that may far outweigh your pay grade (e.g. large orders for industrial coatings and the like)

Streamline your process for record keeping, I understand that we need to document everything but please give us better tools to do it.

Other reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Company is changing.... for the worse

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

Pros

Good 401k
    Decent benefits
    Good bonus program for management.

Cons

Woefully understaffed- Store often has one employee on staff for over half the day store is open.
    Lead generation- 50 plus calls a week to prospective customers is a joke. No realistic time to get this done.
    District Management- My store was up 30 percent in sales for the year and yet all we got were emails from our DM about what we were doing wrong. District Manager and City Managers have become arrogant, self important crybabies. They preach team work and yet they don't want to get their hands dirty and help out.
    Promoting the wrong people- I have watched, myself included, good men being passed over for upper management jobs so company can fulfill quotas and hire women and minorities. I have absolutely nothing against women and minorities being promoted as long as they put in hard work and deserve it, but many of them do not.
    Sunday hours are pointless!!! Open way too long on Sundays. Makes it impossible to staff store for the rest of the week.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! The economy is getting better and you are going to lose good experienced people because you want to make your employees think that everyone is beating down the door to work at Sherwin Williams. NOT TRUE!!!

Over worked and understaffed in the stores.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

401k medical paid vacation opportunity to move up if you work hard and have a college degree.

Cons

Overworked
    Managers work 48 hours as a minimum
    Understaffed
    Fight with hub dispatch to get simple orders delieved
    Fight with credit about why charge accounts are locked out
    Fight with DM about why you aren't spending 2 hours looking for painters in home depots parking lot
    Fight with rude obnoxious painters about things that are usually their fault ie peeling paint isn't the paints fault you put latex over oil! I'm not paging you to fix it.
    Doing 50 stupid pointless sales calls every week because your sales force stinks.

As the economy improves brace yourselves for a mass exit.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!