SW

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn about the paint products and how to run a business.

Cons

Not enough employees to work if your in small store. The customers are the ones who suffer because sometimes there is only one worker in the store and lots of customers. They customers have to wait on you rather then you waiting on the customer.

Advice to Management

Allow a bigger budget so that more employees can work in the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Overall, good experience

Pros

Big company that treats you well with lots of opportunities to advance your career. Always look to hire from within before anyone else normally.

Cons

Depends on your store, but being short staffed was an every day occurrence at my store. My store did a million dollars annually but we were only allowed one part time employee next to myself and store manager.

Advice to Management

Don't expect managers to find more prospects and accounts if the store is understaffed. Too hard for managers to get out there to find new accounts when their is a million things at the store that need done.

Previously a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The 401k plan is a great opportunity to create personal wealth. If you are fortunate to make bonuses by exceeding budget it is still possible to make a lot of money.

Cons

New management from the district level and up during the last five years have lost touch with the field. Too many programs and contests which are developed by marketing guys in Cleveland which really don't help our business. Negative work environment, very hard to be promoted anymore unless you have a degree and it helps if you are female regardless of performance. Many District, City and Sales Managers nothing but soldiers put in place by Vice Presidents who are more concerned about themselves rather than the longevity of the organization. Upper level Management are nothing but sales people, not great managers many of them micromanagers who have gotten rich off of the stock price. Really sad to see whats happened to the company recently.

Advice to Management

Stop running this company like a pyramid scheme, we need to focus on our professional customers and the products they want not high end expensive products. Shame on you management, you should recognize how poor morale is at the store and rep level. You should be disappointed in yourselves and the selfish decsions you have made recently to cause the disconnect between the field and upper management.