Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Exciting

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern

Pros

Fast paced work environment, good benefits, caring co-workers

Cons

Stores are understaffed and long hours for managers

885 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people @ store level
    Good benefits
    Successful business

Cons

Sit down kids I got a story to tell you.....not to long ago there lived this company that respected its employees and customers. This company would bend over backwords to ensure the employees were happy because they knew this would lead to customer satisfaction. The shelves were filled, bathrooms were clean, warehouses were organized and believe it or not managers got days off and worked less than 60 hrs. Then one day an evil shadow descended onto the company. First, the tenured employees that helped build the company and could recall the good times were banished, replaced with jesters that think closing at 7 on weekdays and 6 on weekends, working July 4th and having 4 super sales opened til 8 is the norm. Next, the powers that be decided to attract more DIY customers. The investors loved it and cheered throughout the kingdom. But wait. How would these demanding, time consuming, 'me first' attitude customers be handled? With more employees you say......wrong. Staffs had been reduced to nothing but a skeleton crew. Who would have guessed that more employees were needed to handle not only additional hours and DIY but also deliveries, manual tinting of oil paints, custom matches, 100 gallon orders, 50 lead generation calls, etc, etc. Managers worked well into the night but could never get ahead. Finally, after months of working 15 days on 1 day off schedules, cutting hours while sales were up 30% to comply with obamacare, and spending less and less time with friends and families, people began to revolt the only way they new how, by leaving. 20 yr employee, gone. 10, 15yrs....you guessed it gone and gone. 5 yrs 7 yrs gone. The final chapters of this story are a long way from being written but I truly wish the best for this company. I gave my heart and soul for almost 20 years.

Look at the loyal, knowledgable, hard working people you
    are losing. Remember when you had employees staying with the company for 5, 10, 15 years? You are forgetting the little things like Christmas parties, spring picnics, etc. Quit trying to fill quotas. First 13 years of service 2 woman assistant managers in 30 store district. Last 2 years 16. Stop!! This is a very physically demanding job and with no staff and young lady who can't lift 50 lbs who suffers? If you answered the managers back and customer service you are correct

Great first career

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Largely growing company!

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement if you're not willing to relocate

A better evaluation of pay scales would be beneficial. I feel often that I don't know how my salary was created and can't be justified when I ask why I'm lower than the area average.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams