There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

An old school company that cares about their most valuable assest, the employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Competitive Pay with great benefits.
-Advancement opportunities from within are endless. Growth is up to you. The more you perform and sell, the more options you have.
-Working with a group of genuine, hard working, & great people.
-Company in good standing and has been around since the 1800's
-Continuing education options within the company

Cons

-Sometimes work/life balance is difficult
-Without a college degree advancement is slower
-Morale with lower level employees is abysmal
-Uniforms unflattering for females
-Manual labor a must
-Clientele can be rough at times
-Too conservative of a culture

My experience with upper management has been a wonderful journey. I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most motivating managers who genuinely want to see those around them succeed and grow with the company. My only advice would be to listen and take advice from the "little" people, because the future of the company is dependent on those individuals.

835 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Farmington, NM

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent compensation if you get into bonus territory, freedom to run the territory as you see fit, decent people to work with and have made many lifetime friends.

Cons

Can be micromanaged at times when it comes to pricing customers, etc., too many selling programs going on at once, difficult to have a work life balance at times.

Keep up the good work, empower your employees and you will be rewarded.

Don't Do It!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good starting pay
    Great benefits
    Ok people to work with

Cons

If you like working long hours, with little to no help because they refuse to allow you to hire more ppl or extend hours for current ppl, make 50 cold calls a week with customers you have not even seen before, and unrealistic goals than this is the job for you. Upper management expects so much from you which is fine, however, they don't give you the proper personnel or time to achieve those goals. Price for paint is ridiculous. SW has 50 million sales thru out the year when they should just lower their prices. They claim to be superior in the paint business but managers and assistant managers are constantly prostituting themselves out for ignorant and unappreciative contractors. Moving up into another department is unrealistic because they want you to become a manager or sales rep first and that could take years if your one of those ppl who don't kiss butt 24/7. If you enjoy/love sales and all that jazz then apply for the MTP but if your like me don't do it!!!

Give managers more personnel. Stores are pimping their employees out to other stores because we are lacking ppl. Stop with the long hours. We understand that this is retail sales but dang why are we open on Christmas Eve? Really? Ppl are not gonna be that upset if we don't open on some of these major holidays. Stop with the cold calling!!! Think of a better way to connect with your customer base. And what's up with Seal Island??? That defiantly needs to end. Stop prostituting your ppl out for a few dollars.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams