Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com

Great place to be to learn about the retail industry

Current Employee - Intern  in  Corona, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Corona, CA

Pros

Managers are usually flexible, pay isn't bad for interns, great management training program after completion of the internship program

Cons

Short staffed on busy days

Other reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Where to begin.......

Former Employee - Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Good compensation/benefits-401k, health insurance, salaries were above par for the industry.
    Great coworkers/customers-All my coworkers were great. A lot of them bled blue and were willing to do whatever it took to get the job done.
    Locations everywhere.

Cons

First off let me state that this companies rating is not reflective of the of actual people who work here. It is a reflection of HR writing reviews trying to boost a number so that they get people interested in working the company. True story. I can recall 1 MTP that has actually made it into management in the last 3 years. Most that have not made it 3-6 months with SW. I came from a district where I'd say about 90% of the managers and reps are unhappy. Most of the guys here are either a.) too far in their careers to go anywhere b.) don't know any better c.)burnt out.

Staffing-it is utterly impossible to do the tasks that are expected of us with the staffing that you give us. If you run 1+ million dollar store, you will be short staffed.

Unbelievably micromanaged-On Mondays I would have a checklist 2 pages deep on what I should have been doing the previous week. Sales calls, seal island reports (you guys know what I'm talking about), mistint logs, the list goes on and on. They are pushing the envelope in getting the most out of every single customer. I have no problem with doing the best I can for the company, but in essence, you destroying morale with your limitless tasks and programs.

Advancement-Everything you read about the unspoken truth about getting more women in upper management roles, whether deserving or undeserving, they are all TRUE. They are fast tracking women to meet numbers.
    Expectations.

Do yourselves a favor and take a look around your company, mainly your stores and reps. EVERYONE in your stores group is absolutely miserable. You are killing your people and for what? Stock price? I get it,it's risen from $40 to almost $200 the last few years. Most of you higher ups (all the way down to DM's and Sales Managers) have gotten compensated very well for the last couple years, probably enough to retire now if you wanted. It's great that you grind everyone else to a pulp so that the select 400-500 in upper management will live happy, comfortable lives after retirement. This was once a great company who cared for it's employees, now it's just a money making machine that doesn't care who or what it runs over.

Good experience overall

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Farmington, NM

Pros

Decent compensation if you get into bonus territory, freedom to run the territory as you see fit, decent people to work with and have made many lifetime friends.

Cons

Can be micromanaged at times when it comes to pricing customers, etc., too many selling programs going on at once, difficult to have a work life balance at times.

Keep up the good work, empower your employees and you will be rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!