There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams is an amazing Employer with great opportunities!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cleveland, OH
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Large company with room for career advancement. Company really cares about its employees. HQ has a great food court plus gym and outdoor tennis courts, basketball courts, a running track. The people who work for this company are a joy to be around.

Cons

I have no cons for this company. The employees, the culture, the location, everything is great.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sherwin Williams was a very relaxed work atmosphere without sacrificing professionalism.

Former Employee - Third Key, Commercial Sales Specialist in West Springfield, MA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the paint business, the customers are still retail customers but they tend to really trust you, you can honestly start as a part time employee and move up, Sherwin Williams hires 90% of its employees from inside the company, very good pay for amount physical work, they have locations everywhere in the country and they will help you move to a different location if you end up moving, excellent employee discount, no drug test and they really trust you as an employee, they will work with you if you really mess something up opposed to blaming you and firing you on the spot, they have a lot of employee resources when it comes to things like drug abuse, depression, workplace harassment, they will let you buy Roseta Stone at a 90% discount in any language, at the end of the day I always felt very satisfied with my job even though I never went to college, you will honestly have huge amount of option when it comes to future promotions, they have many different paint/design industries you can work in.

Cons

Not many but I would say my biggest gripe is having to do multiple cold calls a day as a daytime retail employee, they are still a corporation so they can be unfair about so minor things.

Keep it up, also put soda/snack rack in the stores

MTP review

Former Employee - Management Training Program (MTP)
    Former Employee - Management Training Program (MTP)

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great money for a college graduate. Great training. Great product to sell.

Cons

After you receive your first salary, it barely increases from there. For example, you start around $39,000 a year but long term managers make usually at most $60k. I worked in the South East division- very sexist company. They hire women over men only because the company is like 10-20% female, which is barbaric in the 21st century. The men in the company are very sexist and I have no clue how they are still in operation.

As an MTP you will take over the assistant manager duties. The company will not tell you that if you do not move where they assign you then you will be terminated. Even if you have a family or any valid excuse as to why you cannot move 100 miles away to a small town no one has ever heard of, they will take away your big salary, health insurance, everything.

Overall, this company is for people who are old fashioned and think women are below men. If you just want good money and do not care about company values or rising too high in the management levels of the company then this job is perfect for you!!

Please join us in the 21st century and welcome women into the workforce because we are great workers, not just because you have to meet your quota. Then maybe train your other management to not talk down to women.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams