There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Good experience

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

hours, people, experience, pay, upper management

Cons

hours, pay, employees, locations, benefits

792 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Sherwin Williams was a very relaxed work atmosphere without sacrificing professionalism.

Former Employee - Third Key, Commercial Sales Specialist  in  West Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Third Key, Commercial Sales Specialist in West Springfield, MA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You learn a lot about the paint business, the customers are still retail customers but they tend to really trust you, you can honestly start as a part time employee and move up, Sherwin Williams hires 90% of its employees from inside the company, very good pay for amount physical work, they have locations everywhere in the country and they will help you move to a different location if you end up moving, excellent employee discount, no drug test and they really trust you as an employee, they will work with you if you really mess something up opposed to blaming you and firing you on the spot, they have a lot of employee resources when it comes to things like drug abuse, depression, workplace harassment, they will let you buy Roseta Stone at a 90% discount in any language, at the end of the day I always felt very satisfied with my job even though I never went to college, you will honestly have huge amount of option when it comes to future promotions, they have many different paint/design industries you can work in.

Cons

Not many but I would say my biggest gripe is having to do multiple cold calls a day as a daytime retail employee, they are still a corporation so they can be unfair about so minor things.

Keep it up, also put soda/snack rack in the stores

Care a lot for their employees. Look for promotion within and push managers to exceed in future job openings.

Current Employee - Management Training Program (MTP)  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Management Training Program (MTP) in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/life balance, co-workers, district manager

Cons

Compensation, pay, retail, weird contractors, have to like the manager

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!