Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Great experience, I learned so much

Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Cleveland, OH
Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great company, wonderful culture

Cons

There is no con about this company

968 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Sherwin-Williams has a very educational Management Training Program.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Burke, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Burke, VA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works at Sherwin-Williams is kind and friendly. It is very easy to get along and work with everyone.

Cons

I cannot find any cons for Sherwin-Williams.

Painted a Pretty Picture

Current Employee - Management Training Program (MTP)
    Current Employee - Management Training Program (MTP)

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities, willing to hire without experience, decent starting salary, great health benefits.

Cons

MTP program seemed like a great opportunity straight out of college. However, once I dove into the program, I found it to be very misleading. I was recruited for my district and was later informed that by taking the position I helped meet a quota for the number of MTP's hired in my district. I trained in a very busy store and it seemed like training me was somewhat of a distraction for management. I am a very small framed female and I feel like the amount of physical ability necessary to perform this job was very understated during my initial store visit and interview process. It almost seems like they are willing to hire anyone in order to make their stores more diverse, instead of hiring based on actually ability to perform all aspects of the job. For training, I spent 80% of my time watching videos and only about 20% of my time learning the actually duties of an Assistant Manager. The program then relocates and promotes the MTP to a position as Assistant Manager, which is great in theory, but I felt as though the short training leaves the trainee ill prepared to do the job to the best of his/her ability. My first week at my Assistant Manager position, I was informed that my manager was ill and that I would need to open the store on my own (keep in mind that I had never even stepped foot in this store due to the fact that it was 5 hours away from my original location and I was given 5 days notice before my start date). After finally getting slightly more adjusted to the store I realized that majority of my day was spent doing housekeeping chores and very little time was spent doing managerial duties. Personally, I found that the retail environment combined with the physical requirements were just not a good fit for me. Overall, I think the idea behind the MTP program is great, however, there are definitely some serious kinks that need to be worked out to make this program better.

Be more honest up front with potential candidates about all aspects of the job. Make sure that training stores are showing candidates what day to day store life is like during their store visits. Focus more on the quality of the training instead of trying to quickly fill store positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams