There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

I Like Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baytown, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Fun place to work and grow in my career.

Cons

On slow days it can get boring.

Have fun.

794 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

SW could be so much more

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Scientist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

Good retirement package
    Pay isnt top of the industry, but competitive
    Good Senior management group
    Making good adavancements in oversees markets to become a global presence
    Safety is a top priority throughout the company

Cons

-Poor health insurance (Aetna), You have to fight to get claims paid
    -No opportunities for advancement outside of Cleveland
    -Groupthink mentality by the Technical Senior Management, think like us or leave attitude prevents new ideas and innovations
    -Raise system is backwards. The better you become at your job, the less raise you get
    -Superstar employees get burned out quickly because they are not rewarded or recognized. Networkers get more recognition and appreciation although they produce fewer results
    -Company does not appreciate education. Advanced degrees are treated with less respect than Bachelors level.
    -No guidance or direction from Human Resources in advancing your career.
    -Corporate being in Cleveland prevents the company from being so much more. Many suppliers state how they hate going to Cleveland to do business because the city is a "dump".

The company culture could be a lot better. The company isnt far from being one of the best in the world to work for if employees were more appreciated. Spend a little more for better health insurance and on your number one asset, your employees and you will be amazed at what they will accomplish. We can go so much higher than we are now with a solid investment in the qworkforce, not more acquisitions.

Sherwin-Williams

Former Employee - PC Sales Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - PC Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams

Pros

401k and Pension Plan are great

Cons

Things are done on a need to know basis. Once you get in with the company, there are a lot of politics and red tape that prevent you from acheiving your budget. They will tell you there is no Bonus CAP, when in reality they limit your total potential earnings by not allowing you to open new accounts in certain areas and by not allowing you to call on certain customers.

Let Store Managers and Sales Reps perform annual appraisals on their boss'. Sales and City Managers should be just as interested in receiving feedback on their own performance from their own employees. I think it's also important to document this so everyone can get better. Wouldn't you like to know how your own employee's rate your overall effectiveness?????

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!