Sherwood Food

www.sherwoodfoods.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwood Food

Great place to work

I worked at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most senior executives are part of the family that owns the business. They take care of their employees as long as the employees give a 100%.
Director IT is very sincere and honest, and helps his staff to seek the best practices.
The IT staff is very dedicated and helpful to its end-users.
If all goes well in the area of your responsibilities, you can have a good work/life balance.
Great medical and other benefits.

Cons

Vacation and pay scale
Head office is in Detroit, so the area can be dangerous at times.

You are all great people to work for and are hard working, and sincere to the employees and to the business. It would be nice to have a slight pay increase for your dedicated employees and a little more vacation time allowed, since the food industry is very demanding and a good time off can re-charge the employees.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwood Food (View Most Recent)

Ok Company. Nothing exciting in terms of career

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

I worked at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Good benefits and good exposure to the food industry.

Cons

Longer working hours for lesser pay. Wont talk about increments unless forced to. The interview process was standard and I was given a good tour of the company. To begin with, the position was very exciting and I got to learn a lot of things, but eventually I had to drop out because of personal reasons and also my project was going no where with them. The wages are lower than the industry standard and you have to be on call support for atleast a week or so.

Invest more in IT staff. You seriously need a business analyst. The programmers are not business analysts!!

It is a JOB nothing more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sherwood Food

Pros

Good Benifits only it is a JOB

Cons

Don't work the night shift... Also things to think about this is the food industry they really don't care if you have a family life.

Would like to see some involvement would be a start to maybe understand the problems

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwood Food