Shield Healthcare

50/50

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I worked at Shield Healthcare

Pros

Yearly reviews, time off, employee recognition

Cons

insurance premiums were kind of high, some managers played favorites,

10 Other Employee Reviews for Shield Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Shield - a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Shield Healthcare

Pros

I have been an employee of Shield HealthCare for over 14 years. During that time Shield has been on a steady path of growth and improvement and to me that makes Shield a company worth working for.
         Shield was owned by a Japanese pharmaceutical company and had become a profitable enterprise. When time came to sell Shield, the local management team formed a group and bought Shield. That action probably saved most of us our jobs. Since then, the sales volume has steadily increased, despite the economical ups and downs of the past years. Yes, Shield does operate in a conservative fashion, but then again, Shield has operated in the black during my years of employment with them and we have not had any corporate wide layoffs. Shield’s growth is not just in sales numbers but in geographical expansion as well.
         Shield management has steadily worked to improve the employee benefit package. I have seen and shared in the improved healthcare package. Benefits such as the vacation accrual and holiday allotments have improved. One of the marks of Shield’s employee profile is the longevity of employment. My 14 years is rather short compared to the many that have 20, 25, and 30 years of employment with Shield. There must be a reason for that longevity and I do not think is from the lack of satisfaction in their job.
         Shield is always working to improve their relationship with their customer base. Being a healthcare company, we are always dealing with people who are caring for people with health related issues or are themselves the consumer of our products. Our customer service employees are trained to know how to assist the customer in purchasing proper products for their needs. Shield has increased the number of healthcare professionals on staff in order to improve service to the customer.
    I expect to celebrate 20 years with Shield HealthCare.

Cons

An area where Shield can improve on is the internal communications between departments on a day-to-day basis. Communication skills are a critical piece to the efficient and successful operation of our business. Accuracy of information is vital. Following communication protocol is critical. Without these we lose time and money--not to mention the potential of hindering customer relations. I have seen where the communication breakdown actually hinders or prevents problem resolutio.

Listen to your employees. Keep striving to grow and improve. Every mile gained started with the decision to take a step forward.

Just started

I have been working at Shield Healthcare

Pros

Just started and all seems to be well.

Cons

Lack of direction from upper management. Need to stick with one idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Shield Healthcare